House moving is expensive, and when setting the budget for it; make sure you know about unexpected costs related to it. People often get it wrong here. I mean, when they plan the budget for it, they forget many expenses to include. Today, Furniture Movers are here to reveal them. So, next time when you set the budget, don’t forget to include the ones I am explaining today. Let’s get started.
1) Repairing costs: I am talking about the damages you have caused to the apartment throughout the years. Some landlords are fussy about damages, and they deduct money from the deposit you have paid. Furniture Movers tip: Do the repairs yourself. Well, I say it for a reason. Landlord’s estimation can exceed the cost of damages you have caused. But you can’t argue on it with him later. Now, that’s an unexpected cost many people pay. You can avoid it though.
2) Utility fees: Well, it’s not an unexpected cost, but people don’t include it when making the moving budget. It depends on your service provider anyway. Furniture Movers tip: Talk to your utility providers and confirm the transfer charges in advance. Also, if you plan to move to a different state, then confirm whether your current service provider is available there.
3) New items: Every professional mover including Furniture Movers highlight the importance of decluttering. But we don’t talk about the expenses it will cause. I mean, when people get rid of their old items, they will feel to buy new items to fill the gaps. Well, that’s not all; professional movers give tips on moving with kids and pets. Let your kids choose what they want to get them excited about the move – that’s what professional moves say. Can you buy new items for free? No, right? On the other hand, what if you move from smaller house to a bigger one? Yes, you will buy new items in that case as well.
4) Storage facility costs: Every professional mover such as Furniture Movers provides storage facilities to customers. You will book it for a few months or years, either way; it’s going to cost you money. Well, it will save you money in the long run. But make sure you include the cost of storage facilities in the final budget.
5) Packing supplies: Yes, at Furniture Movers; we provide quality packing supplies for a reasonable price. Still, it’s a cost. If you are moving on a tight budget, then try your best to get packing supplies for free through family, friends, and co-workers. Talk to the nearest electronic store manager for boxes.
6) Babysitting and pet boarding fees: Professional movers including Furniture Movers give tips on moving with and kids and pets. Boarding pets and hiring a babysitter – yes; those are two good options you have to lower your stress on a moving day. Anyway, can you board your pet for free? Can you hire a babysitter for free? No, right? There’s another option though. How about leaving your kids at mom’s place and letting one of your pet-loving friends to look after pets for a few days?
Some final words: Cleaning supplies, dining, change in the insurance rates are some other expenses to cover. Great, Furniture Movers will meet you with another useful article soon.