Furniture Movers Melbourne: To Whom To Inform About Your House Move?
Getting ready for a house move? You are excited about starting a fresh life, don’t you? Most of the people who move into a new home are pretty excited about it. Anyway, you haven’t run the marathon yet. Your next few weeks are going to be busy and exhausting. You got so many things to do for the house move. Well, hiring a professional mover such as Furniture Movers Melbourne will lower your workload to a greater extent. Anyway, this article is not about why you have to hire Furniture Movers Melbourne. It’s about to whom you should inform your house move. Let’s begin so.
1) Gas, water, and electricity: If the utilities are provided by a one service provider, then you don’t have to stress a lot about it. Fill the form, and handover it to the utility company in advance. Well, it’s difficult to say how much in advance you have to do it because you can get done even within 48 hours in some towns. You are not going to cancel the services. It’s just a transfer. OK, if you are moving into a different state or country, then you will discontinue the services.
2) Cable and Internet: Discontinue the services or just a transfer? Again, it depends on your move. Make sure the service provider is available to the next destination. If it’s a town to town move, mostly you will have to fill a form for a transfer. Furniture Movers Melbourne tip: Call the service providers if you want a quick response. Local service providers don’t cover every part of the country, so you will have to get a new provider.
3) Family: Furniture Movers Melbourne have come across customers who had forgotten to inform the family members about the house move. Let your kids/children know about the move as soon as you decided to move. Inform your parents too. You may have family members living abroad, and don’t ignore them. Also, if you have family members in different states, let them know too. Get your siblings to help you. They are the most trustworthy fellows you can get for help.
4) Friends: After family, the next group of people to inform is your friends. When choosing a house mover such as Furniture Movers Melbourne, your family and friends are the best groups to get referrals. Call your best friends and inform them about the move. For others, you can just do a status update on FB. Anyway, if you have an open profile on FB, telling the whole world about the house move is not advisable. Why do you want unwanted people to know about it?
5) Kid’s schools: Inform the teachers in school about the house move in advance. You need a letter from the previous school anyway.
6) Neighbors: Don’t ignore the neighbors because you will find new ones in the new neighborhood. Furniture Movers Melbourne tip: Giving them a leaving tea party is a thing to consider. It will give a chance for your kids to say goodbye to their little friends too.
Summary: Forgive us if we have missed any party here. Furniture Movers Melbourne blog has articles on house moving timeline. Read them and get to know what you have to do and when you have to do them.