An SEO consultant is people who perform the task of analysing and reviewing websites in order to provide expert advice, guidance, and recommendations to business owners. The task encompasses high tactical, analytical and strategic skills. These people design websites that are appealing and attractive to the search engines.
SEO consultant job responsibilities
Understanding client’s market objectives-They get to know the customer’s search marketing objectives and their goals, the industry competitive position, business niche, product and important brand attributes.
- Web page optimization-Create new website content, integrate keyword phrases, keyword synonyms and design the website architecture properly. They ensure that your website is unique from the others.
- Keyword mapping-They assign keywords to the individual web pages, planning of keywords prevents keyword cannibalization problems later and strengthen content silos.
- Get higher Google ranking-Ensuring that a site gets top ranking in its articles. The SEO consultant uses necessary tools and experience such as keyword mapping to ensure that it attracts the attention of the search engines.
- Focus on user experience-They optimize the website to ensure that users don’t abandon the website, increase page views and increase the users dwell time. They track on which section has less users visits do necessary adjustments.
- Comprehensive website audit-Testing and examining website visibility issues. They check Google indexing status, efficiency of html code, traffic statistics and keyword targeting and focus.
- Copywriting skills-Writing effective headlines, subheadings and paragraphs. Write in a natural language conversational tone to ensure originality of content.
- Content distribution-Knowing how to promote and disseminate the content in digital marketing channels: video portals, social media newspapers and other media.
Qualities of a good SEO consultant
- Excellent communication skills-They should be able to address the owners of the site on particular changes and activities on the site since they cannot accomplish anything on their own
- Experience-They should have worked on similar sites for great deal of time to ensure that they do a commendable job. Individuals who are experienced are very likely to do a good job.
- Unique services-They should provide outstanding job since there are no two business that resemble each other. They should ensure that they cover every aspect in the business.
- Originality of work-They should be the ones doing the work as opposed to outsourcing the job to other companies. This ensures that they are really accountable to their work.
- Passion of execution-They should be optimistic whenever they do their work no matter the level of challenges and difficulties they encounter.
- Curiosity-They be craving to know much about new and existing concepts. For example finding and expert who can recite the IP address for all Google crawlers.
SEO consultants are very vital in making a site popular and attractive to search engines. For you rank better in search engine rankings, you need a good expert who understands and possess the necessary qualities to make a popular website. Experience is one of the main quality of an optimization agent. This is because you can be able to track their past record and ascertain if they are suitable for the job.