House owners have many questions about the Foilboard and other insulation types. Well, everybody knows the function of thermal insulation. Insulation helps us to lower energy bills; so you can go green. Also, it helps us to live a comfortable life in our homes without freezing and boiling. In this article, I am answering FAQs about insulation types including the Foilboard.
* Why do you need insulation?: In colder and hot climates, you can’t live a comfortable life in your home without insulation. For example, in colder countries like Canada; the temperature in the winter can drop up to minus 20-40. Which means, you need something to trap the heat inside your home, also; to prevent outside air entering your home. Also, in hot countries like Libya; you need something that will reflect the heat to keep the inside of your home cold. Anyway, Foilboard and other insulation types are popular in developed countries.
* What is Foilboard and thermal insulation?: Well, Foildboard is a new insulation material, which comes with advantages over traditional insulation types. It can protect you from cold and heat. It does both the jobs of the batt and reflective insulation. Installing Foilboard is much easier than traditional fiberglass types.
* What is the R-value of insulation?: It is the measurement of thermal resistance of insulation material (the ability of an insulation material to resist the heat flow is determined by the R-value of it.) Higher the R-value, more the resistance to heat flow through the material. Well, you should choose the right R-value according to the climate you live in. If you are not sure about it, talk to an expert in the insulation industry.
* Where can I use Foilboard?: Well, you can use it for the ceiling, floor, walls, and so on (like other insulation types.) Installing Foilboard yourself is not a risky job. Anyway, hiring professionals is advisable to get the job done well. It does not cause side effects such as from fiberglass insulation. Also, you can install the panel vertically or horizontally.
* Can I install bulk insulation with Foilboard?: Yes, you can. Anyway, you don’t need bulk insulation. You can combine them both for extra protection, though.
Many house owners have questions on areas to insulate. Well, the heat in your house can leak through anywhere (even a tiny hole.) While we can’t cover every gap and hole, installing insulation in main areas is enough to keep a higher percentage of heat inside. The ceiling, walls, crawl space, attic, and the floor are the main areas in your home to protect with insulation.
Of course, heat can leak through doors and windows as well. Anyway, we can’t install Foilboard and other insulation types for doors and windows. You can cover the window/door gaps with some DIY methods.
Well, almost every article about insulation explains the advantages of proper insulation. So, I am not going to explain the benefits in details here.
Some final words: If you want to live a comfortable life in your home; install Foilboard and other insulation types. To get the job done perfectly, hiring experts is highly advisable. Don’t ignore the side effects of installing and removing insulation yourself. Hope you found this article helpful.